Since their inception in 1957 in Barcelona Spain, TECNIUM Thermoplastic Centrifugal Pumps have remained a solid force for innovation in the field of non-metallic pump construction. Tecnium engineered plastic pumps are some of the most reliable and high efficiency centrifugal pumps and pumping systems available for the pumping of extremely corrosive chemicals and chemical applications. Tecniums safe, reliable corrosion resistant material construction is ideal for highly corrosive and abrasive applications.
Currently, Tecnium has 5 product lines, a horizontal pump, a close coupled pump a vertical dry mount and wet pit pump and the newest line is a Tencium magnetic drive pump capable of running dry. The Tecnium pumps are available in 6 different plastic materials to suit most corrosive pump applications.
Available Pump Materials
- Ethylene Chlorotrifluorethylene
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride
Plastic Type & Temperature Range
Tecnium Pump Applications
Because of their remarkable design and manufacturing features, plastic Tecnium pumps are used in many different industrial sectors, with a wide range of applications, including but not limited to the following:
- Base Chemicals Industry: production of raw materials such as sulphuric acid, phosphoric acid, nitric acid, caustic soda, as well as other aids and alkalis
- Mineral Chemicals: barium sulphate extraction, zinc and copper extraction, iodine extraction
- Water Treatment: tap water treatment, chlorination plants, de carbonation, wastewater treatment and seawater process
- Surface Treatment: acid degrease, pickling, galvanizing, anodizing.
- Fertilizer & Pesticide Industry: liquid fertilizers and compounds
- Thermal & Nuclear Power Plants: chlorination of cooling water, neutralization ponds, mineral treatment, waste treatment...
- Fine Chemicals: intermediate products, synthesis reactions, water treatment, cleaning...
- Mining: gold, copper, platinum, aluminum, leach liquids...
- Sea Water: aquariums, fish farms, zoos
- Glass Industry: polish and grinding, chemical carving, gas and fumes washing
- Photographic Industry: development baths, manufacturing
By offering a high efficiency pumping system at a minimum maintenance cost, Tecnium Pumps have expanded into the pump marketplace and show no signs of slowing down. From their innovative designs to their resistance to corrosive chemicals, Tecnium is an ideal choice for industry.